FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WaterStone Bank Announces 10 Nonprofit Finalists in 95th Anniversary Video Contest
Online Voting for Winner of $50,000 Donation Runs through May 31
Wauwatosa, Wis. — 5/23/2016 — WaterStone Bank announced today ten nonprofit finalists in the bank's 95th Anniversary Video Contest. The online voting portion of the contest will run through 11:59 p.m. on May 31.
In celebration of 95 years serving the Greater Milwaukee community, WaterStone Bank is giving away $95,000 to local nonprofit organizations through a video contest. Starting April 11, registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Washington and Ozaukee counties were invited to submit a one-minute video that tells the story of how their organization is making a difference in the community the way WaterStone has made a difference over 95 years. When the entry period closed May 17, ten finalists were selected by the WaterStone Bank Foundation committee.
The public is now invited to vote online for the winner at https://www.wsbonline.com/Community/95thVoting.aspx. One vote per day, per IP address is allowed.
- America Scores Milwaukee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB1uY1BekPg
- Dryhootch: https://youtu.be/CTffwxO4oTs
- Gold in September: https://youtu.be/cfbQ3PXCAA8
- Humane Animal Welfare Society of Waukesha: http://bit.ly/1sxMNAW
- Hunger Task Force: https://youtu.be/rI2EfuxkWnI
- Marquette YES Program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79XwqSUnAGw&feature=youtu.be
- Milwaukee College Prep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsTtbeJ9Ngc&feature=youtu.be
- Milwaukee Homeless Veterans Initiative: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EMY77cd0xcc
- Milwaukee Recreation Department: https://youtu.be/Fp3vgMDxBBA
- Milwaukee Women’s Center: https://youtu.be/NDE8j2y0Hy4
The nonprofit organization that creates the winning video will receive a donation of $50,000, with all finalists receiving cash donations. The winner and runners-up will be announced on June 8.
The WaterStone Bank Foundation donates more than half a million dollars each year to 200+ local charities. More information about the Foundation is available at https://wsbonline.com/Community/CharitableGiving.aspx. Questions about the contest can be directed to WaterStone Bank’s community relations coordinator, Heather Sullivan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About WaterStone Bank
WaterStone Bank, established in 1921, offers a full suite of personal and business banking products. The community bank has branches in Wauwatosa, Brookfield, Fox Point, Franklin/Hales Corners, Germantown/Menomonee Falls, Greenfield, Oak Creek, Oconomowoc/Lake Country, Pewaukee, Waukesha/Brookfield and West Allis, Wisconsin along with a commercial lending branch in Minneapolis, Minnesota. WaterStone Bank is the parent company to Waterstone Mortgage, which offers mortgage banking offices in 20 states. For more information about WaterStone Bank, go to wsbonline.com. Follow WaterStone Bank on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google+.
Community Relations Coordinator
11200 W Plank Ct, Wauwatosa, WI 53226
p. 414.459.4183 | f. 414.476.8386
WSBonline.com | Join us on Facebook | Follow us on twitter!